Monday, September 6, 2010

Deodorant Part 2 and Pescetarianism

So the deodorant experiment has been epically successful.  The stuff smells amazing, makes my skin really soft, and keeps me from smelling too bad (a little smell is tolerable and even likable, especially if you enjoy roasted garlic as much as I do).  I highly recommend trying this for yourself.  Even if you think I've gone off the deep end, you will be convinced by the awesome power of the stuff.

I am a pescetarian.  I have not reached full vegetarianism yet because A) I enjoy eating fish and B) Bellingham has an incredible local fish market where tuna is canned on site and they offer sustainably harvested seafood like black cod.  That being said, the rest of my diet is almost exclusively vegan and gluten-free save for the occasional morsel of cheese or baked good.

I was reflecting on this today, and realized that I was born to be a pescetarian and, eventually, a vegetarian or vegan: I have a phobia of raw meat and meat and dairy products make me feel sick.   This was an important moment of clarity for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment